For Tomoki's female counterpart, see Tomoko Sakurai.
|Others:||"Pants Man" "Tomo-chan" "Naked King" "Mask De Panties" "Master" "Mr. Little Bug"|
|Debut (Manga):||Chapter 1|
|Debut (Anime):||Episode 1|
|Appears in:||Manga, Anime, and Movie|
|English Voice:||Greg Ayres|
Tomoki Sakurai (さくらい ともき, sakurai tomoki?) is the main protagonist of the Sora no Otoshimono series.
For the most part, Tomoki appears to be a normal teenager. His most notable features are his black hair, which always has a stray strand, and his brown eyes. He is normally seen wearing his school’s uniform or, when at home, his pajamas. When he's being perverted, he is usually seen in his chibi form, occasionally while being naked.
While having an extremely perverted side to the point of creating peepholes, via improvised pipe periscopes to every peeping spot all over town, he is usually a very kind and sincere person. He takes on the task of helping a pink-headed Angeloid known as Ikaros. He cares for the Angeloids and he wants them to embrace freedom by not being under a master and obeying their orders.
Tomoki has shown to have feelings for Ikaros, Nymph, and Sohara. With this in mind, people would expect him to "play" with all three of them, but he has never violated Ikaros, the way he does to Nymph, Sohara, and Astraea. When Sohara finds out about this, she accuses Tomoki of harboring "extremely strong feelings" for Ikaros. He responds, saying not to get to worked up about it because it's just a sub-conscience thing. He has also "proposed" to and kissed Ikaros in the past. Ikaros is madly in love with him but he had not noticed for a while. He has also over-looked the fact that he is in the center of an extremely tough "love pentagon" including himself, Ikaros, Sohara, Nymph, and Astraea. Later in the series, he was forced to fight Ikaros 1 on 1 to win a female mannequin he wanted so badly. However, to everyone's surprise, Tomoki mans up and confesses to Ikaros that he has deep feelings for her.
He has also tried to break the Angeloids' tendency to obey their masters' orders completely by letting them do whatever they want, giving them a great degree of freedom to make their own individual decisions. This did not work for Ikaros, however, the effects of Tomoki's attempt to do so much more drastic than he had imagined. While he constantly laments that his idealistic world of peace and quiet is ruined by the appearances of the Angeloids, he admits that he does see them as a family, and enjoys their company.
The series begins with Tomoki having a mysterious, recurring dream of meeting an angel, that connects the human world and the Synapse. It begins with Tomoki in a field, appearing in his school uniform and talking about his dream and the angel in it, Daedalus, who takes off into the sky to his disappointment. The dream ends when he is woken up by Sohara, his childhood friend, who tries to get him to school on time. He refuses to get up so Sohara pulls his blanket, which reveals that he had an erection. Sohara, embarrassed by the scene, gives Tomoki a karate blow to the face, causing him to wake up. Arriving at the school they are faced with a crowd approaching and one of the students appears saying someone would jump from the building of the college.
They look up to and learn that the person was Eishiro Sugata, President of New World Discovery Club. After that, they see him jump, go over all and fall into the nearby forest, arrive and ask teachers for students entering school. There after Tomoki is in the classroom, sleepy, he eats his lunch and falls asleep on the table in the lunch break, he dreams again with the girl she now has the form of an angel and asks him for help saying that the sky was captured, Tomoki just looks worried blankly.
Suddenly, Sohara agreed by the demands of his bad habit of sleeping in the room, he gets up and asks her why she was doing that look for him, she asks if he was having that dream again, then he realizes that he was crying, wiping his tears and saying he does not care about that, Sohara complains and says that he has had this dream since childhood, she asks to go to see Sugata to ask if he knows something, Tomoki refuses saying that Sugata was strange and would not get involved with him, but soon changes his mind when Sohara raises her "hand of karate". In the club room, Sugata says not interested in this, but shows a map of the earth on the computer screen and asks if Tomoki understands it. Tomoki says no, then Sugata makes explanations that Tomoki does not understand. When he tries to run away from there, he is stopped by Sugata saying they should meet at night under the cherry tree. Tomoki dissagrees, but Sohara says that everyone will go. Midnight falls, Tomoki sitting under the cherry tree, alone, wondering what he is doing there since he was the only one who could stay there. While deciding to leave, he gets a call from Sugata asking him to flee there quickly, but he can't tell why because the signal was failing, so he looks up and sees a massive black circular object above the city. Suddenly pieces of rock falling into the hole, which explode in front of him, he looks into the hole and sees a strange creature, wonders if it's a human, and if he should help, but decides not to, since humans do not have wings, so he tries to get away from that place, but then remembers the creature that was inside the hole. He tries to say it will be fine and he does not want problems and wants to lead a quiet life, but he couldn't and runs toward the hole and withdraws the person who was there. He looks up again and sees a giant rock fall upon them. Suddenly, he finds himself in the air, wondering what had happened. He looks back and saw the person that saved him, Ikaros, who then proceeds to "Imprint" on him.
Tomoki is an expert in all things lewd and perverted. So far, he has shown himself to be both bold and resourceful in his various attempts at harassing women.
On one occasion, he led all of the boys in his school in a snowball war against the girls (that Mikako hosted), capturing several of them. In a surprising demonstration of his leadership skills, Tomoki ordered his troops to focus on dangerous girls (Sohara) before anyone else.
On another occasion, he dived into a pool and tied up all of the girls in it before any of them could react.
As seen a few times, Tomoki apparently has the ability to shoot a powerful laser from his genitals (usually in the manga rather than the anime).
- Ikaros - Tomoki's first and only Angeloid. She's in love with Tomoki, and Tomoki is in love with Ikaros. Lover.
- Daedalus - The "real Sohara", appears in Tomoki's dream in the beginning, and reveals her true identity to Tomoki while on the Synapse.
- Sohara Mitsuki - Childhood friend. She has shown strong feelings for Tomoki and even has dreams of him doing inappropriate/perverted things to her.
- Eishirou Sugata - Friend.
- Mikako Satsukitane - Friend and "enemy".
- Nymph - Friend. Has feelings for Tomoki.
- Astraea - Friend. Has feelings for Tomoki.
- Chaos - Friend. Developed feelings for Tomoki.
- Hiyori Kazane - Friend, Classmate. She's in love with Tomoki.
- "Peace and quiet is the best." - His Motto
- "My name is Tomoki Sakurai, I'm a guy who loves peace and quiet, and then I've been surrounded by...a girl with a murderous karate chop, and a weird guy who flies out of the sky; and as if that wasn't enough, I'm getting loads of SOS messages in my dreams and an alien creature dropped out of the sky" - Episode 2.
- It seems that due to an extreme torture he once endured from the president (Mikako), he somewhat gained an electrical immunity. Due to this, he is able to shoot thunderbolts from his genitals.
- Tomoki's English voice actor and seiyuu both voiced Son Goku from Saiyuki, Sunohara from Clannad and Ganta from Deadman Wonderland.
- He was shocked when he thought that Ikaros doesn't want to be with him, which he realized that she wants to stay with him.
- Ikaros and Nymph are the first girls that Tomoki took a date with.
- It seems that he has some sort of connection with the Synapse through his dreams.
- He mostly take care of Ikaros, ever since he figured that she is tactical class angeloid he been trying to teach her to live as human; including when he worried about her after she accidentaly got shot by Sohara, when she was fighting Chaos, the black Angeloids (manga only), and when he realized that the reactor type of Ikaros is self-destruction type.
- In "Forte", when he was undecidable to choose to marry with : Ikaros, Nymph, Astraea or Sohara.
- He has a deep interest with Ikaros throughout the series (including the manga).
- In chapter 77, Tomoki explained that the Angeloids are a family to him and that he enjoys their company.
- On the way to the Synapse, Tomoki understood the true feeling of Ikaros on her confession.
- In epilogue (chapter: Black and White); Tomoki settled things up with Ikaros after thinking over about her confession and her true feelings toward him, which concludes that Ikaros can stay by his side forever (stay together). Which its seems that they ended up as lovers.
- In Eternal my Master, Tomoki understood the true feelings of Ikaros.